Thursday, January 24, 2013

Look for Less - Black and White!


Seems like the majority of you are down with the achromatic look, too!  So I thought I'd put together a fun Look for Less in honor of our two friends, black and white.  I find you can redo a room to get the same look and feel for $1000 or less, despite the endless budgets in the inspiration pics.

When I saw this photo in Style at Home, I knew I had to replicate it!  I had just seen this dining table at Pier 1 Imports on a recent outing so I knew this would be a cinch! Believe it or not, the centerpiece bowl (from Crate & Barrel) was the second most expensive item in this room.  If you found another suitable bowl, you'd bring the total under $1000.

Parsons Chair $89 each (4 chairs)
Bowl $149
Green vase $17.99
Mirror $69.99

Grand Total $1064!!

How easy was that?  I may have to rethink my current dining room situation... Oh god.

-Bethany

14 comments:

  1. Only for you! Good one Bethany, I love the capiz chandelier you found the best!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never had the opportunity to do an entire room from scratch! My Black and White home just evolved....
    The example is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously Bethany that is an awesome dining space....love it!! And what a great look for such a small price! Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this room! Wish I had a reason to buy all of this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this look for less! I'm having some major cravings for a capiz shell chandelier right now too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that is a good deal- I actually like the look for less better than the original!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, you are as bad as I am. Always ready to change something up, even mid project. :) Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great design, really captures the feel of the inspiration space!!
    xo Karolyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking good Bethany....Love both of the chandeliers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great job you did replicating the items. I love the light fixture!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Good finds. I'm so into black and white right now....with a hit of gold of course. - Brandy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect match! I love table and the capiz light in the look for less option better!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great finds, Bethany ~ that made me laugh!! It's a sickness!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and support our blog! You all make our day!