Monday, June 29, 2015

Do you Porte Cochere

You surely have seen this lovely architectural element called a porte cochere, but did you know the proper term for it?  It is a covered entrance that is large enough that a vehicle can pass through it.  It is larger than a breezeway, an entry or covered walkway. 
 It is not a carport or a covered patio. 

While you may think the majority of porte cocheres are traditional, of course they can span all residential styles.

It is definitely practical and a beautiful design addition to any home.
Is this an architectural element that you have or would use in your dream home?

1 comment:

  1. They have a lot of those in my home country, in the big houses for sure. Yes,if I have the space, I would love to have one!


Thank you for taking the time to comment and support our blog! You all make our day!