Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Art fix


More often than not I need an art fix. If I can't physically get to a museum I have found some wonderful inspiration online.  One of my goals over Christmas is to head to my favorite museums in DC. 

 For now, this will do...

//1//
//2//
 Love the work by Karen Darling:




These 8' x 4' graphite drawings by Bethany Govsvener kill me:

//3//

Have you seen the work of Michael Zavros, like this drawing and the painting below?
//4//
//5//
You can follow my Art Pinterest board to see more.

What things will you be doing over Christmas break?

Happy Holidays!

9 comments:

  1. Love these! Michael Zavros ... I didn't know ... and now LOVE! Home with my babies this Christmas!! xokim

    ReplyDelete
  2. That graphite drawing is amazing. My mom & I went to an art show at Harvard recently and it was so inspiring....it's SO good to see art in real life isn't it? I hope you get to your favorite museums this Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous art and DC is still on my list to do with the kiddos yet too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy, there is just nothing to lift one's spirits like a gallery or museum outing to look at art.
    You have found some wonderful artists and their works here!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss your art posts! Glad to see this one. We need to "do" an art outing :) I'm signing off early and want to wish you, Bethany and both your families, including the pups, a warm and wonderful Christmas. Stay festive and fabulous!!! Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the last two - any kind of equine art gets me every time! I hope you find time to make it to DC to a museum or two over the holidays. Hope all is well with you and you are enjoying the season! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you always share your need for ART FIX with us! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love art museums! We are so fortunate here to have access (and FREE access!) to so many! I need to start taking my boys -- we spend way too much time at the Air & Space and Nat'l History museums... time to get momma's art fix, and get them to start appreciating it! Maybe we'll venture there over break, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and support our blog! You all make our day!