Monday, February 24, 2014

Treehouse Memories



I am crazy about Pete on Treehouse Masters. I had a treehouse growing up that I watched my dad build and I used to play 'house' in it. I put curtains on the windows and used to pretend 'cook' in it with concoctions of muds and stuff I found in our woods. I adored that treehouse. I had a pony back then named "Surprise" that looks just like our Thomas that we have now.  I used to ride him up to the treehouse ladder and tie him up to it until I was done playing and then I would climb down the ladder, mount my pony bareback and ride him back to the barn.  Those are great memories!


Here is a grown-up version that I came across from Dering Hall.  



I could seriously live here but I might feel like a hamster in a 'habitrail'. Maybe only a weekend getaway, but I'd love to decorate it my own way! 
Could you, would you do a treehouse?


8 comments:

  1. For a weekend getaway, YES! Here is a Travel and Leisure article on Treehouse Hotels ... I think they are fab! http://www.travelandleisure.com/articles/worlds-coolest-tree-house-hotels Happy Monday!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun link, Kim, I can't believe some of those fancy rooms are in treehouses! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tree house for the rich for sure! Yes for me if I can, I didn't have a tree house growing up, but playing house outside on a make-shift house my dad built for me was also filled with LOTS of happy memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always wanted a treehouse...this is fabulous!

    Hope you are having a happy Monday! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, you brought back memories of my tree house, I'd play up there for hours, or until my brother was tired of me being teacher and telling him what to do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love tree houses (and ponies…mine was named Dandy)! I would love for my daughter to have a tree house, and have so many hours of make believe and fun in it like I did!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could...except for the whole bug thing...i really don't like bugs! What a neat space!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and support our blog! You all make our day!