I have loved reading your posts on the trends that washed away with 2013. I was happy to see things like chevron pillows and monogrammed-everything fade.
I started thinking about the trends I'm done with.
1. Brass for the sake of brass. I covet an aged brass faucet just like the rest of yous so I hate to make such a broad statement, but enough of the adding more brass and MCM furniture just because.
2. All white minimalist nurseries.
4. Cutesy typography. Word-art on walls, gallery walls full of word-art and cutesy little wreath-thingies included. Sorry Glitter Guide.
5. Black and white abstracts. Sure, I'll see one I like here and there. But for the most part, let's redirect the talent elsewhere, shall we?
7. I wish I could say this last one in a teensy tiny voice so my mother doesn't club me to death when I go over to her house tonight, but .... Blue and White collections. I'm done seeing it. Mom has over 100 pieces of it in her home. I grew to love it. I bought it. I subscribed to it. But I've seen too much. Since it's one of those timeless things (oxymoron?) I'll just mentally shelf it for a few years and then I'm sure I'll like it again.
Trends I could take or leave:
Benis and wedding blankets
Flatweave kilims and indigo/neon pink pillows
Black and white with pops of saddle leather (nope, nevermind, still love it)
Kelly green and gray
Hopefully we'll see a tad less of this shiz in 2014 but what would blogging be without all the lofty ideas, DIYs and bloggy decor? While some of it is mind numbing (and over-saturation truly is the killer of all buzzes) it's the truly good ones that make up for all the rest. I'm very thankful to be part of this creative world and all there is in it. And if you are still rocking the chevron pillows, then keep doing you. I'm just speaking my own truth, it doesn't have to be yours.