Thursday, September 12, 2013

Accessorizing Tips


I am an accessories hoarder.  Last week Michelle from My Notting Hill did a darling post on "Death by Accessories" that I have been thinking of ever since.  Is there a science behind it?  I think so.

TIP 1: 
 Think Large, Medium, Small.  
 
1
2
3
TIP 2: 

Create an arch with the tallest item in the center. Our friend and genius decorator, Sherry Hart, talks about that here.
 
4
5
TIP 3: 
 
Make it personal with your own treasures and things that mean something to you and your family.

6

TIP 4: 
 
Add a combination of textures, sparkle and shine!


and don't forget to have fun!  Enjoy your home.





Don't forget to enter our GIVEAWAY from Lamps.com. You have until Sunday at midnight!

16 comments:

  1. This is the post I need! My poor family - I had to leave for Chicago before dealing with all that stuff on the dining room table! This is great advice I place to follow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there is a science to it, too, but I usually eyeball everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great examples, I love that first image, I want an old phone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, I'm conflating your last two posts—lighting and accessories. Glad to see in tip two sconces+nearby lamps. Goody! Two addictions combined. I feel vindicated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pretty pictures. I can't get enough of home accessories either! Great tips for accessorizing--I love the way you layer things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the great tips! It is so nice to see some beautiful examples! Enjoy your day!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you broke this down. the sm med lg couldn't be more true!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous advice, and I need to work on my nightstands a little more!! Love the first image.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tips Nancy! Never knew the rules really, just went with what looks good to me but knowing this really helps!!!! Thanks a bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your tips are great. I find this hard to do. Sherry is the queen of all this. I'm going to follow your tips.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a really nice break down of tips that people can really understand and experiment with.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE LOVE LOVE this post. It's so important. I am an accesories junkie and need to keep these tips in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I love this post!! I will definitely be referencing closely as we begin unpacking all of our treasures and accessories!!

    XOXO,
    The Glam Pad

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post! Sometimes I find that our treasures get lost just in the way they are displayed. Thanks for the guidelines:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and support our blog! You all make our day!