I recently acquired a oushak yastik for my side entry door; one I had been dreaming about for months. Previously, I had one of those indoor/outdoor numbers there and it slipped around, bent, obstructed the door, and just plain didn't do its job at all. So when I laid this new one down, a lightbulb came on overhead.
I saw this tutorial on Pinterest a while back and decided to give it a whirl. Of course, it hails from Martha Stewart - woman is a genius. So before I put it out for use, I pulled out my caulk gun and got to work.
I used some leftover silicone caulk that we had from our bathroom reno to seal off the edges of the tile. It worked like a charm. I just dispersed some [uneven] lines across the back of the rug and voila!
Update : I've had the rug for a week now and sadly, it's not staying put as I'd hoped. If I don't embed the caulk into the back when I lay it on, the string will come off when the rug is stepped on, moved, etc. But if I do embed the caulk lines into the back, then the lines dont stick up off of the carpet enough to adhere to the floor. What I thought was genius is turning out to be totally lukewarm!