Sunday, January 6, 2013

Creative juices

This weekend I have been working on some art for my new gallery wall in the living room.  You'd think I was surrounded by inspiration, having a beautiful 6 acres to look out on, lots of animals and characters around here, our decorating business, and a son and daughter full of artistic glory, so where does my inspiration come from?

All of that, plus going to galleries, and seeing wonderful works and ideas on the internet.  I ventured in several directions from doing contour drawings, like this one of Nicky, our Shih Tzu:



to doing some pencil sketches on some mixed media ( bogus paper with acrylic and chalk):





I'm not sure which ones I settle on for framing, but Im sure having fun drawing them all. It takes alot of sketching to come up with the best ones for the wall.  Here is my real inspiration lately:

Bethany's bulldogs...




 Our two cats, Archimedes and Josie:



( they look alot alike)

 My fuzzy pony Thomas:




Willie, the king of the pasture:


And I'm also inspired to get into decorating projects, a whole 'nother post!  Working on my home and some client projects takes up more time than my art, but when you get the urge you've gotta go with it! Do you feel that way? What inspires you?

Have a lovely weekend.

Nancy

P.S. Stay tuned to a new addition to our "petting zoo" coming next weekend!

Looking for help with your home? We have consulting services starting at $50. Contact us today for information.

9 comments:

  1. I love your artwork! And your inspirations are adorable. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! you're so talented! I love artwork that is personal and having lots of pets myself, love pet portraits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't it feel great to get back to it?! I love the first drawing. I think drawing is a great way to get a quick fix, when you don't want to drag out a ton of supplies and commit to a complete session. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so dang multi-talented! I'd love to include a drawing of Rio & Mikko somewhere, I need to add that to my 2013 list. (Not by me, not my forte.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK..you have it girl! Envy your talent!
    I can't draw a circle, straight or even a crooked line....but I can move furniture! Thank goodness I still can do that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy you are a talented artist girl! Love your drawings and artwork! How cool it must be to be able to do that...wow. I like them all but that first one is my favorite...little bit abstract...I just love the look of it! Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so talented Nancy! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are talented my friend. No doubt about it. I love your work!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your drawings and your subjects! Your archimedes looks just like my adopted ferel Tiger! I hope he makes it to the gallery wall! Can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and support our blog! You all make our day!