Saturday, August 25, 2012

the 'goodbye summer' blues

I really can't stand the thought of summer ending!  All the wonderful delicious fragrant things of this season will be gone until next year.  I love the local farmer's market, the smell of ripening fruit on the counter, having my morning coffee out by the pool,  beautiful sunsets, long days full of hot sunshine, trips to the beach where you can wear your bathing suit all day everyday. 














I feel the threat of fall already in the air; although that is a wonderful time of year here in Virginia, when the humidity goes away and you need a light sweater.


I'm off to enjoy a long weekend with my partner in crime and the rest of our family at Bethany Beach!!

What are your favorite memories from this summer?


-Nancy

If you are looking for help with your home, we'd love to work with you! Contact us for a listing of our services and prices.
Nancy and Bethany

9 comments:

  1. I don't enjoy the heat and humidity of summer, but I will miss the garden harvest. But I do love fall and winter. And after this summer, a little snow would be great.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I hate winter, the thought of it getting closer does not make me happy. However, this particular summer was a weather disaster. I have been out in the garden for the last few days....what a drought disaster. I am not sure how many plants I lost from the excessive heat and lack of water. My favorite memories of summer are the days that had no agenda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i will miss summer too!! but fall is also so much fun and gives us time to do work inside :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spent the entire month of June at the beach. It was glorious! We had an ocean front condo. I miss the beautiful scenery, sleeping to waves rolling in, cocktails on the varanda, long walks, and fresh seafood. I did work--doing e-consultations--no biggie! It was a joy. Awwww.....it seems like a distant memory.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am totally a Fall Girl! So I am as happy as can be that, the air will turn crisp, clear and cool! I may even go outside and enjoy our terrace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Summer can't be over soon enough for me! If I lived in Michigan or similar, I'm sure I'd be distraught. But I'm in Dallas. Bring on the fall!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am always sad when summer ends.....even though it is hot and humid here in Atlanta...I don't like it when we have to start wearing shoes...I am a flip flop girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been feeling the same way. The summer is so short here in Idaho. As soon as school starts (next week), the weather changes to cold and wet then eventually snow, lots of snow. I dread it. Plus, Like Sherry, I will miss my flip-flops.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You me both - I'm starting to change my mood by altering my summer decor to fall!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and support our blog! You all make our day!