We were nominated by our friend Darci at Harlowe's Exclusive for the Liebster Award! Thank you Darci.
This award has been going around blogland for quite some time, and it's fun to learn about new blogs and the blogging personalities!
The rules are as follows:
1. Post 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions your nominator asks and then create 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate.
3. Choose 11 people with under 200 followers to nominate and link to them.
4. Go to their pages and let them know. (no tag backs)
1. I married my high school sweetheart and 37 years later we are still devoted to each other and he is the love of my life.
2. I love to cut grass.
3. In the face of adversity or negativity, I take to the great outdoors, and garden, play with the animals, or do something 'constructive' and work really hard outside. That's what my dad taught me to do.
4. Although I love color, and to get my hands in paint, I am really loving all white/neutral rooms right now. Doubt I'll change my decor though; color wins out most of the time.
5. I dive into a project pretty blind, and sometimes too hastily. I make mistakes because I didn't think it through first.
6. I am NOT a perfectionist.
7. I hate confrontation.
8. I really enjoy Zumba, and try to go 2-3 times a week.
9. I miss my mom and my dad, RIP.
10. I want to simplify my life, pare down, get down to basics.
11. I want to be the kind of friend to others that I want to have.
My answers to Darci's Questions:
1. What made you start blogging?
My daughter made me start blogging! I really didn't know much about blogs until she had the bright idea. She's been trying to get me back into interior design and she did it!
2. How do you spend your spare time? Any hobbies?
I spend alot of time on our yard ( 6 acres). I love to paint and draw, and I love to shop!
3. Favorite food?
Coconut cake, or coconut cream pie.
4. If you could do anything and money was not an issue, what would you do?
I would travel more and pamper myself and my family.
5. Where would you like to travel to?
I'd like to visit friends and family on the west coast and around the country, and I'd like to go to Paris and Provence.
6. What's your favorite season?
Summer, spring and fall.
7. Are you afraid of anything?
Im afraid of outliving my husband.
8. What can't you live without?
9. Coke or Pepsi?
Diet coke, but I really have given up sodas.
10. What is your favorite color combination?I love orange, but mostly with white. I am loving turquoise and chartreuse at the moment. I'm pretty fickle like that.
11. Any pet peeves?
I don't like it when people put on 'heirs', do not act themselves, or put on false pretenses.
I would like to nominate the following 11 blogs for this Liebster Award:
Here are the 11 questions I'd like for you to answer:
1. What is your idea of the perfect day?
2. What city/state do you live in?
3. What was your major in college?
4. Tell us your favorite job you've held.
5. What would your dream vacation be?
6. Who do you admire the most?
7. What do you want to be when you grow up?
8. What is your decorating style?
9. Are you a city person or a country person?
10. What would your dream job be?
11. What is your go-to decorating store?
Thanks everyone! Enjoy spreading the Liebster love!
If you are looking for help with your home, we'd love to work with you! Contact us for a listing of our services and prices. Nancy and Bethany