Wednesday, March 28, 2012

I've Got a [Store] Crush : and George

One of my favorite stores of all time is and George in Charlottesville, VA.  Years ago, my mom, brother and I had taken a weekend trip to the beach during the spring - it was not quite warm enough to sit on the shore, but I couldn't pass up the chance to look at the water.  So I sat in my jeans and sweatshirt out on the bulkhead of the bay and read the copies of House and Garden that were laying around the house.  I stumbled across an article about the mother-daughter design team that heads up and George and was hook-line-and-sinker (beach pun intended).

What might have sealed the deal was the namesake of the outfit, a cuddly English Bulldog named George.


Wilma is totally crushing on George, too, btw.

I've since had the pleasure of visiting and George many a time and I could spend hours in there just soaking it up.  I love the feel Christy and Jan have created. Jan is a talented designer, who uses the store as a springboard for her custom design services and Christy is a master photographer (can't you tell from her yummy pics here?).   I can even convince my hubby to go in with me, in hopes he'll get to meet the elusive George once and for all.  Unfortunately, we haven't yet.




and George promotes the work of a local Charlottesville artist, Abby Kasonik, who's moody turquoise paintings just do something to stir the soul.  Her art is displayed throughout the store and punctuates the neutral, calming environment they've created.




I think I love the Giannetti's paintings so much because it reminds me of these beauties.  Beachy, moody, vibrant but soothing!  

If you're ever in the area, stop by!  You won't be sorry.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for letting me know about and George! I was dying to know where the photo came from. I love Pinterest, but I hate that original sources are rarely cited.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and support our blog! You all make our day!