I must admit, before Bethany and I started our blog in November I really thought my house was well on it's way to being finished as far as decorating goes. Then I get to see what all the bloggers are doing, and all of a sudden I am uber-inspired! Everything I do leads to something else, as you well know..... once you add one thing, then another part of the decor needs tweaking..
I'm like a little tornado, undoing something in every room or changing something, and not quite finishing it.
Projects on my list:
- Finish the (repurposed) chandelier I got from Habitat Restore. I painted it, and then put it on hold… possibly for my office?
- Paint the sunroom
- Redo the laundry room: paint and window treatment
- Paint the guest 1/2 bath ( My "equestrian" bathroom: love the theme, tired of the faux finish on the walls.)
- Get a new rug for the sunroom, and finish pulling that together, which of course will mean new pillows! YAY, I love pillows!
- Get rods and hang new drapes in the breakfast room, and pull that room together.. I may need to stencil the white drapes, but I want them up first to "visualize".
- Get matching rug for in front of the sink (Fallon by Jill Rosenwald) & new window valance.
- Make a new bedskirt for the king size MBR bed...( thinking drop cloths to match drapes)
- Get busy on art projects I have in my head, i.e. large drawings of our horses
Here are some rug ideas I'm mulling over for the sun room. The one I put in the picture belongs in the breakfast area, but I like how it looks with the new reupholstered sofa and art, so here are some choices:
Which of these do you think I should get?
|Source: rugstudio.com via Nancy on Pinterest|
What do you think? What's on YOUR list?