Monday, April 24, 2017

A great beach read



I was so thrilled to receive an advance copy of Slightly South of Simple by my friend Kristy Woodson Harvey.  I have known Kristy and her mother Beth through their design blog, Design Chic, for years and have loved watching Kristy blossom as an author, and an award winning one at that! This is her third novel and a really great read.  I flew through her other two books: Dear Carolina and Lies and Other Acts of Love; both engaging stories of strong women that you will finish in one sitting....they're that good.

What I love about these stories is that they are both directly and indirectly related to Interior Design.  
The main character in Slightly South of Simple, Ansley, is an interior designer and a widower of seventeen years who raises three extremely different daughters. Secrets are revealed that will change their lives.  The innuendos and references to the design world are fun and the tales of these girls are truly entertaining.

"Exploring the powerful bonds between sisters and mothers and daughters, this engaging novel is filled with Southern charm, emotional drama, and plenty of heart."

The book launches April 25th and I hope you will support Kristy and order her book here.


Here's a darling video of Kristy explaining her new book.

Congratulations my friend, and can't wait to celebrate the arrival of more books in the future.

Enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. I love this book! Kristy is such a talented writer and I cannot wait to read the next book in the series. How nice that you were able to meet her at Hight Point!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the Slightly South of Simple support!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and support our blog! You all make our day!