Monday, February 4, 2013

Lucketts

Groundhog Day Sale at Luckett's, VA, was a fun field trip this past weekend. Bethany and I (and her husband) spent a half day braving the bitter temps to comb the outbuildings and several houses at the site.  There are always things you could just kick yourself for not bringing home.

We saw lots of Bergere chairs- kick


Lots of metal stools and this metal arched mirror was gorgeous.


Love this bust of a lovely lady.


This beautiful corbel was $85.00- kick.


Seriously the biggest mistake we made-- not bringing this etagere home for $75.00- double kick.


There were some large fantastic dining tables and side boards.


Rooms of refurbished furniture.


Bethany got a huge deal on this genuine oil painting that looks like an "old masters"-- seriously gorgeous and looks to be a hundred years old by the condition. We hung it today in her dining room!


I wish I had brought at least ONE of these fabulous pendant lights home for under $98-kick. The display cabinet was out of this world gorgeous. Tufted sofa not bad at all! white gauzy linen-lovely.




This cabinet was $800.00 and had a matching one in another building. Awesome. I would put mirror behind the shelves.


There are always lots of industrial case goods at Lucketts, authentic, some vintage, some new, all cool.


Afterwards we strolled around Leesburg and dined at our favorite Wine Kitchen where we tasted flights of wines, sampled charcuterie plates and had an amazing lunch ( croque monsieur, rabbit ragout, and braised short rib pot pie) oh, and the desserts..all to die for.  It was a fabulous outing.   

Wednesday is our kick off to the ONE ROOM CHALLENGE we are participating in, so check back and look for this logo on Wednesdays for the next 6 weeks!


Did you do anything fun last weekend? 
Nancy

Powell Brower Interiors specializes in making your house a home.  We offer both e-Design services (virtual) and complete interior design services for clients in the DC, MD and VA areas. We'd love to work with you, so contact us today!

23 comments:

  1. That's it....I am going with you one of these days to that place. I will need a truck. Endless amounts of FABOO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the things I would do for a croque monsieur from the Wine Kitchen. That etagere might have come home with me too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am dying to get to Luckett's when I am in DC visiting my daughter...it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun outing!! I have to say you and Bethany used Great Restraint!!! Looking forward to the challenge!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, now that looks like a great place! I would be hard to handle. But, why I ask, do we go to these wonderful treasure troves and come home kicking ourselves! Do it every time!
    Some of the pieces were awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You two have some serious willpower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow those prices are amazing. I love the painting. I can't wait to follow the ORC. Good luck! - Brandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...so many great things and the prices were so good! Love the painting you got. Good luck with the one room challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great day! Antiques shopping is most fun for me when it is shared with someone who sees things that I wouldn't see -- I love that the most, even if I don't come home with anything. I really like Bethany's oil painting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so excited about the One room challenge!! oh that etagere!! the price was right! Well, it may mean there is something even better out there for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. awesome finds! that brass etagere/bookcase... I want!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for taking us along Nancy! I love the mirror the most and I can't wait to see the painting in Bethany's dining room!!!! I would also love those etagere, i need 2 for my basement. :-)Nothing much for me this weekend, did see Lady GAGA though with some girlfriends! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to go, I want to go! Can't wait to see the orc!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an awesome place. I would kick you myself for not getting that etagere! Seriously! I'd love to visit Luckett's sometime - and I just started following them on Pinterest this weekend!

    www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun shopping trip...you have such a good eye.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Shopping Mecca!I need to work on my impulse control before I go to a place like that:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would have carried that corbel home on the top of my head!

    ReplyDelete
  18. THat's it I am definitely going!!! That gray cabinet.. I LOVE it!!! What fun, have to check it out, a road trip is in order!
    xo Karolyn

    ReplyDelete
  19. If any of you decide to go, let us know, we'll meet you there and we can go to lunch! We're about an hour away..
    you can go to their website for their next sale weekends:
    http://www.luckettstore.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! How lucky are u to have Lucketts. :-).
    And I love the ORC! Can't wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  21. It seems that you are having a lot of fun on this outing. Those vintage furniture and accessories were really great. you are lucky to have this kind of shopping.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and support our blog! You all make our day!