Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Of all the horny things....

I am loving all the HORN accessories we're seeing in high-end looks, online at OKL and other accessory stores. It adds to the layered global look we talked about as an integral piece in a design scheme. Bethany and I spent the day sourcing items to stage a client project and found some terrific finds at World Market. They have a new line in right now, which means the best things will be sold out shortly.  We even scooped up some horny items for ourselves.
Given the variety of shapes and sizes they come in, they are perfect for staging and creating eye movement in a "moment" or vignette like Sue did so thoughtfully here.


World Market currently has a great selection of horn vases and bowls for under $30. It appears that they are available in pairs only online, but you can buy them individually in the store.  The Zhush and Jayson Home and Garden have some stylish horny options but we've seen a few at Home Goods too.  







We also found a large selection of cowhides in neutral and browns for $329 - a GREAT price.

Among some other finds were this throwback camel leather butterfly chair:

And very cool campaign desk to boot.  Bethany and I really always admire campaign furniture everywhere we go.  For her, I think it stirs fond memories of my parents' bedroom suite that was all campaign furniture.  As for me, I appreciate the history and the portability intended in the original design.


What's your favorite accessory right now?

-Nancy

If you are looking for help with your home, we'd love to work with you! Contact us for a listing of our services and prices. Nancy and Bethany

15 comments:

  1. I can't believe you said it!!! You are so funny. I am loving anything made from horn just not antlers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the bowl! The horns are gorgeous, and I really like the butterfly chair. I remember these from my childhood.
    Happy Wednesday.
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving the horn. a lot! I need to find some for my shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm impressed with World Market, I always find great pieces there! Yes, to the horn pieces, classic yet modern look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the look, but haven't figured out how to use it in my house. I have several bowls I got years ago and just don't know what to do with them. I

    ReplyDelete
  6. so manly! I love all these...I must be on the lookout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha love your title...need to check out World Market ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw those animal skins there and was amazed at the price. The horns are very sculptural and organic--not sure if they would work for me--but maybe a client.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahaha, what a title Nancy!!!! Before I browed down I was thinking of some "dirty" things on what this post was about!!!! ;-)

    Anyway, I am lovin' gold/brass right now, went antiquing/goodwill hunting lately and I snagged a couple of stuff that I'm really lovin' Also, I want to go orange and black in my living room, african-ikat kinda thing. Not sure yet how I can go about it without breaking my budget so I'm doin' this slowly. Love all your finds, and I can see why the horns are making you "horny"! :-) Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm thinking I can work these "horns" with all my Asian accessories. Next time I'm in Atlanta I will take a walk through World Market. I haven't been in there in over a year.....must go back.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the title of this post! I'd not paid much attention to this trend, but now I will! Janell

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving these horns. I also didn't realize it was a new trend but I'm glad I came by:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Must visit World Market soon. Loving the horns!

    ReplyDelete
  14. World Market kicks ass. It's one of my favorite affordable finds places.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My fav one is big old trunks!! they can be used for storage and also are great to decorate as side tables ect! I get the Old Glam vibe from them :)

    love K

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and support our blog! You all make our day!