Friday, February 10, 2012

Manly Men Men Men

During a bout of insomnia, err scratch that, during the middle of the night I woke my husband up to talk about the one million things on my mind because that's one of the perks of having a bedmate.  And bless his heart we ended up talking about one of my favorite subjects - decorating!  Well, man caves to be exact (Super Bowl still fresh) but I could definitely spin this into a decorating opp.

He said his dream man cave would be a theater room really done right.  Not necessarily a sports room commemorating all of his favorite pastimes, but a real-deal moody theater complete with leather chairs and movie posters.



After I got over my initial wave of nausea, I started thinking about how I could really do this up for him.  And so I promised him a mood board.



Every man deserves a man cave to lounge around undisturbed in.  My hubs works just as hard as anyone else and definitely deserves a manly space (especially since I have inadvertently taken over the rest of the house).  A man-room means lots of positive things for both of us.  

ME:
Less finger prints on my glass waterfall table.
Fewer chips in between the couch cushions.  
A separate place for the TV so it's not always blaring in the background music of my life.

HIM:
Male bonding time sans women
Doesn't have to wear headphones (I work from home now…)
Darker carpets conceal more
Less accessibility for my "Hey HON, can you help me reach fill-in-the-blank??"

Here's to dreamin!

HAPPY FRIDAY!!

-Bethany


PS - Don't forget to enter to win our very first GIVEAWAY!! 


All you have to do is follow our blog.  Super easy!  


Plus, there are two chances to get extra entries - 'Like' us on Facebook and/or leave a comment on our GIVEAWAY post.  

4 comments:

  1. I'm completely obsessed with antelope rugs...love your moodboard!! Happily following your blog ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea! I need to design this for my man! Im officially following your blog - I love it! Would love for you to check out my blog and tell me what you think of my recent posts! Follow me, I follow you?!

    xx
    Caitlin
    http://hauteeyes.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL@this "moodboard" (never heard of that term, btw. Too funny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where is that light fixture from? I know I've seen it before... It would be a great option for my entryway redesign.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and support our blog! You all make our day!